Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Guck

I remember reading on Dooce about her child saying her first wirty dord and sure enough mine learned it already. And not just any bad word mind you but the F bomb. Oh joy. What can you do? We tried to teach her to say duck instead. And since she has trouble with the ‘f’ sound it comes out guck for now. We are safe at least for a little while. Of course I had to go and blog about this so maybe not. Oh hi mom, cheers, no your granddaugther didn‘t just curse at you she is trying to tell you about her new favorite bird that swims!
We might have caught a break though, because when she would attempt her new favorite word (because it represents this fantasic sugary sticky thing) 'sucker' it comes out 'gucker' for some reason. So we ran with it. Yes baby, gucker, you can have all the guckers you want.

Vote for my post Guck on Mom Blog Network

5 comments:

  1. Lol - one of my son's first words was the f-bomb and he really was trying to say duck. He kept saying it and saying it and saying it until we got him his duck stuffed animal. When he first said it I almost lost it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading your "About Me" thing about getting the hang of being an adult...and I just laughed! I feel like I am still in training, waiting for the moment when I'll have to do the 'adult thing' for real.

    And I noticed that you are a Dr. Pepper fan, which automatically makes me like you, as I practically have an IV hook up of it these days. lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome.
    My boy's was goddamnit. Not the worst one, unless you're my parents. I kept thinking, please, kid, please don't say it to your papi or I'm getting my mouth washed out with soap . . .again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny post. Thanks for making me smile. My little one picked up the S word a few months ago. I was shocked. I really try and watch my mouth around her. I have nightmares of her saying the S word in preschool and the teacher calling me in for a conference. I'd be so embarrassed. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it's not just me. And she learned the S word too Michelle. That one though is DADDY'S FAULT. At least we are tied.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?