Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Shooting Stars

"I am not going to die, I'm going home like a shooting star."

- Sojourner Truth,
former slave, women’s rights activist, abolitionist, and great orator who passed away on this day in 1883


So I love shooting stars. I tend to think when they happen that in fact it is just for me. Like a flower God picks for me or something. At least now my self-centeredness does occasionally revolve around another person. When I saw this quote, before it actually sank in the depth and pain of it, my first thought was: Oh, how sad, Kaiya hasn't seen a shooting star yet. Someday she will. And I will tell her that God made that just for her. Because he did.
Vote for my post Shooting Stars on Mom Blog Network

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet sentiment. I love that we get to show our babies new experiences, it's my favorite part about being a parent.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?