Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Breast Cancer is a big fat poopy head!

UPDATE So I've decided to make an award out of this, it's real simple just post about the Breast Cancer site and the click link and wah-lah. Or heck, just comment to me that you did it. I'm easy like a prom queen you know? So far Bobeesah, Michelle and The Gal Herself got it... Here is suggested text if you so choose:
A favor to ask, it only takes a minute.... The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to meet their quota (45,000 clicks) of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on 'donating a mammogram' for free (pink window). This doesn't cost you a thing and you don't have to give any information. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammograms in exchange for advertising. Here's the web site! Pass it along to people you know. http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/


Anyone else out there with family or friends who has had breast cancer? It can be a scary thing knowing you are more susceptible to this disease. Someone I dearly love, who is a doll, had a very practical outlook when it came to the mastectomy she had to have. (Now me, if I lost my recently fabulous breasts… thanks to baby girl for the increase… I would just die I think, but I’m shallow. Before you judge you try being an ‘A’ all your life and suddenly za za ‘C’! It’s like trying to take a new toy from some poor kid, their little fingers will turn white holding onto that sucker. And no wonder I‘m still breast-feeding, I‘m not ready to give my new toys back! This has to be the longest parenthetical, I apologize..) Anyway, when they started telling her about options from the different bras with implants in them and that they would measure and then order it for her and they started to go into a detailed thing she could do temporarily but she cut them off: “oh I’ll just stuff an old sock in it.” This might only be funny if you knew the gal, and her privacy shall remain, but I wish you could hear her Southern Belle accent and know that of course she would, she would be gracious and make the best out of an awful situation.
The shortened version of the information is there if you click here it will take you to the site where there is a pink button that says: “Click Here to give-It’s free” and you click it and that is it! No entering any information, Nada. You just helped. Wah-lah! You have just helped give some poor lady a mammogram! Rock on girl! And even better, you can be a do-gooder each day. You can click daily so be get an extra gold star by adding it to your favorites section and committing to do that daily (or as best you can, we are all human of course) If you do this and you’re not in my blogroll already I will add you if you comment back to me that you added it to your favorites/something to that effect. (What you say, no prize? Hunny, RECESSION. There enough said. Maybe you could post about this too and then respond back and I’ll put a post about how super cool you are! Eh? Or I’ll give you a Care Bear picture in your email. Eh? Anyone? I digress again, and I tell you I love these parenthesis, they are so soothing, an opportunity to just spill my random thoughts because I spend a whole day doing data entry and I need this. So thanks, it’s like a hug for me even though it might be slightly annoying for you.)

6 comments:

  1. So I was totally going to post something thought provoking about breast cancer and stuff...but then I took this online quiz and can't think of anything else...so I posted a blog about that instead...

    I am a horrible, horrible person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Sounds like she has a positive attitude about the entire situation. That's great!! I'm on my way over to click for breast cancer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked, so I gave. Your friend sounds positively inspirational! Thanks for sharing her story and this link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, you're so sweet. Thanks for the linky love. Wonderful post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. see...now I feel like a terrrrrrible person for not writing a more loving comment.

    You know I send my love and thoughts out to your friend. And stuff and old sock in it? Why, that's just hilarious! Good for her!!! I, too, don't think I could be that brave. But I guess you find the strength when you need to. She, however, has the humor, which is even better.

    (Don't even get me started on parenthesis-es?, I can't spell them but I love them. I speak in parenthesis...squirrel nuts.)

    love,
    bobeesah

    ReplyDelete
  6. and, ps, I want my Care Bear!

    hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?