Sunday, December 7, 2008

Random Christmas Meme

OK, what the heck is a Meme? Anyone? Seriously. Mighty elephant marksman egg-thrower? This one from Margi on Between Loads of Laundry
1. Wrapping paper or bags? Both. Because you have to have balance.
2. Real Tree or Artificial Tree? Oh how I would love to say real but the last few years it has had to be artificial for us. Someday though the sweet smell of pine will find its way back into my home. Until then it’ll be the fake candle smell.
3.When do you put the tree up? It goes up earlier every year, by the time I’m eighty it will probably be up year round. Right now though Hubby makes me wait till after thanksgiving. Poo.
4. When do you take the tree down? Um, March? What? Is that the wrong answer?
5. Do you like eggnog? Does it have plenty of rum? Or vodka, that’s much better. Than yes.
6 Favorite gift received as a child? Comforter. Sounds lame I know but when my big sister went away to college she bought me one, for no reason I mean it wasn’t my birthday or a holiday, just to be sweet. I loved it so much I even wrote a poem about it. Which was pretty lame too, but it’s the thought that counts.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My grandparents because they are new to me (married in) and I just don’t know them well enough yet. But pictures of grandkid usually do the trick, is that kosher every year though?
8. Easiest person to buy for? Kaiya of course. She loves everything and she's an adorable baby girl.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Sort of. But dangit all I can’t find it this year. It’s very cheap and small.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Email? What blessed, heavenly idea is this? I guess everyone knows which kind they're getting this year!
11. Worst Christmas gift ever received? OK, I’m gonna cheat on this one a little because it’s not my gift but I was at a white elephant work party once and some fat guy actually gave someone a jar of homemade whiskey and a Polaroid of his bottom. I still wish I hadn’t glanced over, the image haunts me.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Home Alone. Come on what is not to love? And who hasn’t tripped over a Matchbox car and then wished that fate on all their enemies?
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I always try to start before Dec. 20th but for some reason that seems to be my magic date and I end up right at the 24th frantically scrambling.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Like in a bin? Oh you mean giving it away again, ‘regifting’ Actually no, I don’t think I’ve done that yet. Though this is a lean year.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Tofurkey. And I have to wash it down with my pops Xmas tea. Mmm. Ooh and cookies. Got to have Christmas cookies.
16. Favorite Christmas songs? Oh Holy Night, Little Drummer Boy, Silent Night, Oh come all ye faithful.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Staying home would be lovely, and I think that’s what we are doing but we’ll see.
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open one on Christmas Eve and the rest in the morning.
19. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Just people being frenzied and stressed, come on people, it’s a sweet season stop being mean.
20. Favorite ornament theme or color? Purple.
21. What do you want for Christmas this year? A back rub.

2 comments:

  1. I am gonna do this meme! Stop by a little later and check out my answers...I will link you in the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the balance of bags and wrapped presents. Oh, another idea for grandparents . . . a best grandma/pa shirt. They love those.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?