Saturday, January 3, 2009

The bestest day in the whole wide world

Do you people know what this fabulous day is? It's my BIRTHDAY! YEAH. I stayed up for it. Actually I was studying, ack this studying you must forgive me if I neglect my blog a bit from now until March (not much mind you this is my break time you see)There will be no studying on this day though, oh no. This is a day all about me. (ok, ok, and my twin brother. geeze already) Happy Bday bro. Just think 29 years ago we were done kicking each other in the womb. And this is our last year as twenty somethings (huge sobbing sounds emitting from Court). So hubby is planning something for me and I can't wait to find out what it is. I love surprises! I think I love giving them more though. Like last year I had a surprise pirate party for him. We went treasure hunting. Oh yeah! One year a couple of years ago I realized it would be the first year my twin and I were away from each other on our birthday. (That's the lovely thing about the third, even in college we were still out of school usually on break) So I drove up to surprise him. Mind you this was a trip from Texas after having worked 10 hours before the drive but when I showed up the look of sheer shock and wonder made it all worth it. Awe surprises. I'm off to take a bath now that I've iced my foot (it's better, start physical therapy ack...) and read Breaking Dawn which was my gift from E. What a wonderful friend she is! (Thoughts spinning off in planning the wedding between Kaiya and baby D, can't help it I'm reading about Bella's nuptials..)

13 comments:

  1. Happy B-day to you (and your twin)! Looking back from the other side of 29, it really isn't as bad as you'd think. 40 doesn't feel that different from 18 once you get here. I still have a hard time remembering that I'm the grown-up.

    Enjoying your blog! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy day girlie! I hope you have a great one. I wish I knew what part of our great state you were in or your addy and I would come take you to lunch...It would have to be McDonald's, of course, so the kids could play while we chatted ha ha!!~C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you! I'm glad you're enjoying your book. And I can't help but think of K and D together, too! How cute were they?

    Have a beautiful, wonderful day filled with chocolate and love. Happy surprises to you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! How great that you are a twin. I always thought I would love to have a twin brother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Michele- thanks everyone else is so negative about age.
    @C- email me at court_n2000@yahoo.com and i'll tell ya (in case the crazies are listening)
    @E- drat you I was up till three reading the book! oh it's delightful. and oh is there chocolate! he's making me 'birthday brownies' as i write this..hehe
    @maria rose- it was/is wonderful to have a twin bro and personally i think mounds better than if he was a sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!
    That was a great story! How cute are you that you drove all the way to see your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to you; Happy birthday to you; Happy birthday, dear Courtie; Happy birthday (pause) to you. (and many more)
    love ya, Pops

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Happy Birthday Miss Court!

    I hope your day is wonderful & that God blesses & keeps you & your family, todday 7 every day.

    *Hugs*
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happiest Birthday wishes, Court (though a little late, sorry!). Hope you had a great birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Hope the surprise was great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy, happy birthday! And Happy New year, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday!!Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks all it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?