Thursday, January 1, 2009

Simple pleasures

I had a fabulous time with E. She got bunches of cute pictures which she promises to post soon and I'll be sure to hound her for them. We went to the Children's Musuem and hung out in the hotel room. The babes rocked in the new year by sleeping through it. They were the only smart people in the room. It was so nice. Sitting around with people you love, just being with someone. And we got to see some fireworks too. I love fireworks, they are by far one of my most favorite things.
Another one of my favorite things in the entire world is biscotti. Get me a good cup of joe and a chocolatey biscotti to dip in it and you will have one happy girl. There is something soothing in the rhythm of dipping, swirling around and then devouring, all to start over again. I swear I could go through a whole box on my own. Another thing I love? Big leaves. Like the kind in A Land Before Time. The kind you could sail away on, just hop on like it is Aladdin’s carpet and away you go. (Do you have ‘A Whole New World’ stuck in your head yet?) A dip in the hot-tub after a nice hard work-out in the pool. (Ok, ok, just the hot-tub part. This is after all about pleasures.) Enough with resolutions already, though yes I couldn't resist posting some in my side bar, I want to hear about stuff you love. What are some of your simple pleasures?

6 comments:

  1. Simple pleasures...

    Drinking my morning coffee out on the front porch swing.

    Having my 22 month year old grandson say "hello" to me over the phone.

    And to still be able to pick roses everyday although it's January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh I like yours! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had the perfect New Years get together. How fun! I have to say the perfect pleasure for me is a simple cup of coffee. Yummy! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple pleasure: silence. That is all. :)

    And I love tree stars too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. -comfortable chatting time with old friends
    -meeting new babies
    -vanilla lattes
    -crayons
    -taking D on walks
    -pine cones
    -ghirardelli chocolate squares with caramel centers
    -sushi

    I LOVE the simple stuff.

    And there are pictures coming! But the baby is sick, sick, pukey sick, and time to blog is cut short. But pictures will be on their way asap!

    We miss you already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yikes? sick? is it possible to travel w/a little one and them not get sick? huh. k's been a little sniffly too but i was hoping she was having a growth spurt. i'm so sorry he's sick poor baby D.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?