Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Watching tv with total strangers

So the inauguration snuck up on me this year. Well, actually, I for some reason thought it was at night. I guess because of all the commercials about parties and what not and my failing memory. (Once I thought about it for a second I rememberd people huddled in long trench coats in broad daylight as they held up their hand and were sworn in.) All this to say that I had scheduled a physical therapy appointment for when it was supposed to start and wouldn't you know it my therapist came out to call me name right as they were about to swear the president in. Luckily she wanted to watch it too so we stood there huddled under the tv in the clinic lobby watching. And there were about twenty different patients, nurses, etc. huddled around and we all chit chatted and thoroughly enjoyed the moment. Except for one whino who made a point to be loud and rude and completely not paying attention but it really just added to the surrealness of it all. Who did you watch it with?

7 comments:

  1. Funny... I was at the Dr's office as well, but no one else was paying any attention. Guess this is Canada after all, but I thought there'd be a little more interest!

    Thanks for the encouragement on my blog - I really appreciate it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Jim and Diego at home over waffles for breakfast. We west coasters saw it early in the morning, and I was glad, too, because Jim got to be here with us. What a great day. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched it with my 4 year old. It was a good learning experience for her. I thought it was on a night too. What was I thinking?? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, forgot to answer your question about the yooper. A yooper is a person who lives in the upper peninsula of Michigan. I have no idea how they got that nick name. See what you get when you live in Michigan. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started watching it with my husband, but he was getting aggrivated with the boys, who were just SO excited that Daddy was home. So I went upstairs to turn on cartoons for them and stayed to make sure there was no kung fu done on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great comments, what sweet images from y'alls worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's so great that you were able to watch it!

    I watched it at home with my son. He was running around, being a baby, as I attempted to focus intently on everything that was going on. Wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?