Friday, February 27, 2009

An Award I can't spell or pronounce.

Thanks to Zeemaid at In the mommy trenches for this award, though I'm not entirely sure I deserve it. See point number three: when you discover the clear purpose for this blog, would you let me know? Raise your hand if you have fostered any more well rounded beliefs on social, political, economic, the arts culture and science and beliefs... wait, what the heck are these you say? I'm too busy chasing this rug-rat? I pop my head above ground just enough to notice the economy is already in the toilet, the political arena while interesting is like being back in high school, by arts do you mean when the toddler just grabbed the crayon and redecorated the living room and science and beliefs: Oh gimme a freaking break already I am doing good to remember my own blasted name. If that describes you well then my friend you have come to the right place. And as you can see I still shamelessly post the award because it's mine. I love shiny objects. 
And geeze does this have so many rules. I feel compelled to follow them for some reason instead of breaking them like I sometimes do. I think it's because it seems all esoteric and etheral I mean just look at those cool bandy thingys around the world? And that nifty God-hand? I digress.
What has my blog accomplished? (Other than this post putting you to sleep?) Well I did once post a thank you card link where you can send notes to soilders. Because hey, it would suck to be in a hot desert so far away from home AND be shot at all the freaking time. I did a post about Breast Cancer being a big fat Poopy Head and made an award out of it. Feel free to post that award too. And I did have one post about the economy: Parent's Bailout (which I'm still waiting for by the way, ahem government snoops listening in.)

Now for the hard part, picking people to bless (hopefully not annoy) with this. Cause honestly all the sites I go to have so much good on them but I'm getting tired so I'm going to make it short. 

Fourfold Mom: I just love her posts on Gracie so much, each one teaches me more than I thought possible. 

Bobeesah: Ok, I know she's my BFF and I pick her for everything but maybe she is my BFF because she totally rocks! And I swear she has the coolest most useful posts sometime. Like about how to pack for an airplane ride with a toddler: brillant!

Outside voice.... ok ok... Inktopia: (Can you tell I don't deal w/change well... I just loved the name outside voice, but bygones.) This is a seriously smart and sassy site that cracks me up so bad I sometimes fart. (Wait a second you say, you always fart, I know because you are stupid enough to post about it. Ok, you got me. But seriously, it's funny.)

This Award is presented to bloggers who display consistency in any one (or a combination) of these conditions:

1. The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.

2. The blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.

3. There is a clear purpose to the blog; one that fosters a better understanding of Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.

4. The Blog is refreshing and creative.

5. The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.

The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:

1. Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.

2. The Blogger must display the Award in any location on their blog.

3. The Award conditions must be displayed in the post.

4. Write a short article about what their blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older posts to support.

5. The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, I think? It sounds very prestigious but by the time I reach the end of the post I'm not sure if you have won this award, are applying for it or just missed your morning meds and are having maniac moment. : )

    That was my attempt at humor i hope it was decent one. i'l try not to be jealous and enjoy the fame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is easy to pick out the post that my husband does not edit. Thank you for saving me from major embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award. You deserve it. You always have interesting things to read. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, congratulations!

    And thank you for sharing the award and for your very kind words (though I probably won't use "the blog that makes you fart" as a tagline, if that's ok). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, thanks. I already added the pretty picture part but will have to think about fulfilling the other obligations (honestly, I don't know what to say about my blog). Hey! I think you just gave me a writing assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do deserve it for being so upbeat all the time! :) Sorry about all the rules but I didna make em... I hereby vow to never do long rules etc... when creating an award. You're my witness. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the rules weren't that bad, it sort of was like a writing assignment and kind of fun.
    And since you're not using that tag-line I just might!

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?