Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Let the games begin!

Join us in the ring today for another morning of action packed adventure. In this corner, wearing purple trunks and her snazzy new karate girl shirt is Kaiya. Weighing in at 24 pounds and standing at just over two feet this little fighter specializes in the stiff upper cut followed by a push-off technique. If she is really pissed she might flail on the ground like a fish out of water. In the other corner is her entire Sunday School class. Never fear though, our little Kaiya is a chip of her mom’s old block and can hold her own for sure. The games begin when the last parent drops off their kid and don’t end until the preacher finally shuts up. On extra holy days you may come to pick up your little one and find the frazzled teachers underneath a pile of toddlers who are trying to bite, hit, scratch and kick their way to independence. This teacher in particular is at least glad there is one child she can scream at, since it’s her own, and oh does she scream. And put her in time out. The others look on with wide eyes as my child has just punched one kid, taken another kid’s toy, has a snatch of hair from the daintiest kid (of course) clutched in her little hand and still glaring at me defiantly. So, ding ding ding, let the games begin!

4 comments:

  1. I came across your blog from The Mother Letters Project blog. I know this is silly...but my daughter is in the Leelou Blogs cute baby photo contest and I am trying to spread the word for people to vote for her!! I need HUNDREDS of votes for her to even come close to catching up to the front-runners. I have been trying to figure out where to find hundreds of people, and I didn't think it was approriate to ask Seth to post something so silly on The Mother Letters Blog (obviously), but I figured maybe all the people who helped with the project would be willing to go give my little Makenzie from AZ a vote : ) If not, that's ok too. I am just trying to get creative and reach more people! If you'd like to help me by voting for Makenzie, please go to http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/ and spread the word for others to vote as well : )

    EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY THOUGH...I am also recruiting prayer warriors for a tiny little miracle baby named Kayleigh Freeman, maybe you've heard of her and are already praying for her. It was through her blog that I heard about the contest in the first place. Even if you don't take the time to vote for Makenzie, please take a minute to visit HER website: http://www.kayleighannefreeman.blogspot.com/ and say a prayer for this sweet girl!

    THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!!

    Sincerely,
    Daniele Brown

    PS- THE MOTHER LETTERS PROJECT is in NO WAY associated with this request other than the fact that I found your blog there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the tone of your blog. It seems like you are always looking for the humor in life. It's inspiring really to be more positive. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bwahahahaha
    That's great. There are entire nights when I feel like I'm kick boxing with D. And losing. Horrrrrribly. Go you!

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?