Monday, March 30, 2009

Christmas in... erm... March?

We still have our lights up. More by default than anything. At least the tree is down. (Um, by down I mean, half dismantled and now sitting on top of our dryer in the laundry room.) And the garland is all put up. I think. Hang on. Scratch that. The fun thing about the lights is we aren't the only ones in our neighborhood. I guess this is a lazy year cause on just about every other street there is at least one house with their lights still on. It's sort of fun. I was wondering if it's just us, in our quirky little neighborhood, that are being lazy this year so I googled it and actually found a couple of stories/posts where people were commenting on seeing more lights up still and sort of wondering out loud just how tacky is it to leave your lights up all year? Cause me, I'm leaning towards that. Especially since our front porch light don't work, it makes sense to string up something. 

4 comments:

  1. Who cares about tacky, anyhow? Besides, people are decorating with lights for all sort of holidays now. 4th of July, Halloween...consider yourself ahead of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you're just ready for NEXT year! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha. I actually like when people leave Christmas lights up. Not sure why though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love Christmas lights! If I could I would have them up all year long, like I did in college.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?