Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Hi-Five

So for this week I'm going to list the five things that I had to give up these last few months with studying that I can't wait to get back to doing:
1. Spending quality time with Kaiya. It was so exhilarating to go to the park with her today without notecards, books, or cds of study material blasting in my ears. I got to watch her play and realize just how much I have missed these last few months. She is growing up in front of my eyes.
2. Spending quality time with my husband. We kept up date nights, not weekly, but probably every other yet still sometimes we were like passing ships. And he spent so much time with her (he already spends the whole blasted day) that at the end of it all it was all we could do to keep from collapsing in the bed. 
3. Go back to getting more pictures of Kaiya and actually printing them out and mailing them. I do kind of regret I haven't sent as many pictures in recent months, especially to Grandma, but part of that is the whole camera issue so I guess I'll work on that first.
4. Write more. Not just blogging either, but creative stuff. Poems and what not. I think I'm a better person when I write.
5. Just be. No more (at least drastically reduced) triple tasking. I can take a bubble bath now without notecards and having to figure out how to shampoo with one hand so I can keep the other dry to turn pages in a text book. Ah. To feel the suds in my toes and just be. 

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I'm a better person when I write too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, "just be"--sounds heavenly. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I hope you get to spend a whole LOT more time on those five. I wish I had a good excuse why I haven't printed pictures in . . . over a year. Shh. Don't tell.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?