Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day.

Ok, so I'm actually not really into St. Patrick's day and I don't know diddly about it to be honest but I do love green. And clovers. There is something soothing about them and it just seems like they should taste like mint for some reason. They don't. I seem to remember having fun trying to remember to wear green though. If you don't someone hits you. Someone mean. No hitting today, ok? But I totally dig the green thing. Ooh and Irish people are fun. How come beer is the only thing that comes to mind next? Ooh, but now a new reason to like St. Patrick's day: Happy Anniversary E! And I'm done. Enjoy it all. 

8 comments:

  1. You love green? I would never have guessed from your blog... ;)

    Very cool "fact" list, too, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and awesome Yeats poem! I was going to put up a St. Pat's poem, too, today, but yours is a FAB choice and will be a hard act to follow. Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never liked the tradition of green beer. How about Guiness? Or something hard? :-) Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green tequila? Margaritas. Perrrrfect.
    And, thanks! We had a lovely day. But Saturday will be better since we'll have a babysitter and time to eat sushi ALONE. Woo! Might have some of those margaritas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy (belated) St. Patrick's! I had a margarita. :)
    tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hit!? I thought it was supposed to be a pinch. They live tough in your neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The green thing was obvious! I am Irish and I had fun but no beer. the typical dinner with my Italian in laws was a blast!

    Becca

    Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Marie, you might be right. I think it was a pinch. I scream every time we play 'slug bug' and have made my hubby change it to 'love bug' instead so I get a kiss each time. All this to say, I can be a bit dramatic and you know, turn a pinch into "that dude totally flattened me!"
    And thanks to all, hope yours was good too.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?