Monday, March 9, 2009

Try not to bite the hand that feeds you.

My study buddy is way more prepared than I am, and more dedicated, and while that should make me happy that she takes the time to bring me up to her level instead I just feel this surge of competition rising in me. Why is that? I keep waiting for the day I'll be, you know, mature, and not so crazy girl competitive all the time. Just you know, chill. One with things, etc. Maybe I should take up yoga or something, but I swear I would find a way to make it competitive and competitive yoga only spells one thing for me: a trip to the er. So instead of mentally tallying up the number of questions I got right compared to the number she got right I think I will tally up all the ways she has helped me:
  • giving me the quizzes she and her friend made
  • organizing my own notes (who does that?)
  • keeping me focused on the task at hand
  • and encouraging me constantly not to give up.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you. I need to make a list like that. A few, actually...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it helps me remember how good I really got it, sometimes it is hard to hear over all my belly-aching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if there is some chemical that gets turned on in those situations, making it beyond our control? (In grad school, one of my best friends and I met regularly to talk about our dissertations in progress...but we just got to a point where we decided not to do it anymore because even though we were saying all of these positive things to each other, we still both went home feeling like crap, somehow.)

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?