Wednesday, April 1, 2009

All great things come on sticks

There is nothing quite like peeing on a stick and finding out your family is about to get bigger. I peed on two actually, one was a new digital kind that said "preggers" ok, ok, it said: "pregnant." Is it weird that the stick is still on the back of my toilet? A little too creepy to even remotely be considered nolstagic? Kaiya has been so cute, I'll tell her "say hi to baby" and she'll wave at my stomach. Makes sense to her I guess.
I'm trying not to hope too much it's a boy. In some ways a girl would be easier but as a wise friend just told me: with a boy you only have to worry about one _____, with a girl you have to worry about a thousand _____. This from a very scary, large man who owns several guns. Somehow I am worried for the little boys who knock on that girl's door. 
What is driving me absolutely bonkers though is that this time, everything is different. Part of me is hopeful that means it is a boy but the rest of me doesn't care and just wishes I'd throw up already. It's like this awful nausea thing where you're almost about to throw up, but don't, all. the. time. And I was so hoping I'd be a pro at this now. Like, oh that? Oh yeah. I remember that. Bring it baby. I can take it. 
Not to mention the gymnastics this kid has been doing. I mean, I'm just around three months, I shouldn't be feeling the kid yet, right? I keep picturing that scene from Spaceballs where that thing with a tophat jumps out of the guys chest for some reason. The sickening thought that comes to mind next is: that must mean this child is going to be even more active than Kaiya. Now that is a terrifying thought. 
I thought about putting: just kidding at the end of this, like it was April Fool's post, but no no, the joke is on us. So much for being all done with diapers soon!

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations! When are you due? I am sue at the end of Sept.
    How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, what? I'm so sorry I've missed all of this.

    Congrats on Baby#2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CK- you didn't miss anything, we were waiting a bit to tell folks.
    MR- I'm due early Oct, so coolio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrads! Have you tried ginger snaps? And to give you some hope, my mom said I moved so much that she couldn't sit down and I was her calmest baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! Yay!! Peeing on a stick is weird but I totally scrapbooked mine. LOL! Definitely try crackers and 7up. Or something with ginger. They also make suckers-Pregger Pops at Babies R Us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, howdy do I know about the constant nausea. Lost 10 pounds during my first trimester with Diego-UGH. Lemons, surprisingly, help. Just smelling them. Some days that's all that would help. Eat something before you get out of bed, too, to stave off the morning stomach ughs.

    And CONGRATULATIONS again!!!!!! I'm so happy for you three (soon to be four!!) Woo!!

    Oh, and I totally kept my pee stick with Diego for months. Hiding it in a cupboard, but so that I could still see it. Sad, right? But who cares. There's something oddly comforting about seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!! Congrats to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I had two gymnasts in utero: one (the girl) remained a spaz, but the other (the boy) is pretty chill so far.

    A family friend of ours used to say that thing about worrying about only one [blank] with boys and all the [blanks] in the world with girls. Funny, but he was kind of an ominous fella, too. Ended up with two sons and two daughters, the youngest of which got pregnant in high school. So, I guess that made him right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations to you, that's so awesome. What a nonchalont (sp? who cares, I;m tired) way of telling us too. Too cool. Wait.. this wasn't an April fool's was it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Court, how did I miss this? CONGRATS!!!! So very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, too, missed this! Congratulations :) I secretly hope you get another girl! They're better than they're cracked up to be...

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?