Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday Hi-Five

Hmm... this is a tough one. The five things I hate most about being pregnant. By the way if you are one of those bubbly, perfect people when you are pregnant please, stop reading. In fact, never come back. I don't like you. 
1. The morning, afternoon, and evening sickness. Like, seriously? Why can't mine pick a time of day like everyone else?
2. The smell thing. Thank god I'm not like a mortician. I'd have to quit. They should use pregnant people though to find lost kids when they run out of dogs though, this freaky Superwoman sense could finally have some good use other than helping me find the left-overs that were stashed.
3. Never, ever, having anything to wear from months 3-7. Why do they only make pregnant clothes when you are really pregnant? I keep saying I'm going to start a 'barely pregnant' line. 
4. Advice. From everyone. Shut up already. If I want it, trust me, I'll ask. And with that horror stories. 
5. People thinking they can touch me when I'm really pregnant and people just kind of wondering and whispering quietly when I'm not. 

4 comments:

  1. I always swelled up like Violet from Willy Wonka! Pregnancy was superhard on my body--even my face and nose were bloated. I am soooo jealous of anyone who has had it easy or looks glamorous!
    tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, too funny.

    "Barely pregnant" would be helpful. I didn't "pop" until month 7 and then all of the sudden I was HUGE and GROWING OUT of my pregnancy clothes. But before then? Nothing worked. So, I feel your pain :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, I want in on that clothing line. Because I want to make a shirt for the 3-4 month pregnant women that says "Yes, I'm pregnant" or "No, I'm not fat. I'm pregnant" or "Pregnant, not fat."
    Second that smell thing was CRAZY. I hated the smell of fried foods wafting and co-mingling with other fast food restuarant smells. But I loved beling able to smell flowers from like 3 yards away, It felt zen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahahahaaha....yeah....I'm nodding with you on all 5 of those. So I have comments for all of them.
    1. Ugh, ugh and UGH. Yes. Damn the "morning" it sucked all day.
    2. I laughed out loud and may have woken up Diego, because I JUST DID THAT TODAY! hahahahaha
    3. I heard the Bella Band is supposed to help. Or your stash of fat pants. What? Doesn't everyone have a stash of fat pants?
    4. The minute people found out I was prego with D I heard a barrage of HORRIBLE birthing stories. Like, thanks people, that was encouraging. Really. Thanks.
    5. I think it helps that I'm just chubby already and get those looks anyhow. I got them weeks after D was born and he was in the sling and people would still ask if I was pregnant. Oi. Vey.

    Oh, darlin, I do hope you start feeling better. I hear if you go to Seattle your morning sickness will go away. Something about the vacation air. And something about Grey's Anatomy. Yeah. Totally.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?