Wednesday, April 29, 2009

YOU did this to me.

Where are the happy pregnant people hiding? Actually I have ran across a few. I then chose to erase them from my mind entirely. This time has had it's ups and downs like last time. The worst of course being that apparently my body doesn't know that you are only supposed to throw up for the first trimester. I always seem to be a little bit sick the first trimester, and really sick the second. Hopefully if the last pregnancy is any indication I will be just big and miserable for the third. Though, the idea of being seven months pregnant in AUGUST in TEXAS is not that appealing to me. 
And this could be the worst timing ever for my desire to suddenly not want to dress like the frumpet I usually dress like. It sort of goes with my fraggle rock hair. Still I decided recently that I would try to be one of those sophisticated, sassy looking pregnant woman. Why you ask? Who knows. Suddenly all my insecurities crept up and I decided that the solution must be a make-over. Key to this goal to look cuter is to not gain 65 pounds again. But you know, somewhere around thirty would be nice. The only problem with that is I already started off ten pounds heavier (do I count those?) and I've already gained ten more. So. 
Anyone want to put money on how long until I go back to my trusty sweat-pants and very worn, very loved t-shirts? What? You've moved out of throwing distance? How wise. 

6 comments:

  1. Ugh--August in Texas? I feel your pain, but probably not the extent. Alex was born August 28, so I was VERY preggo all summer long. Pittsburgh summers are not like August, but they are quite hot (80's, 90's) and VERY humid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I had a fabulous time finding clothes that I liked and that I thought looked somewhat cute when I was preggo with D. I didn't have to worry that my belly was showing, in fact, that was the goal! WOOO!! But sweatpants and comfy t's are good, too. Anything soft.

    And I hope you don't feel too sick and gross during your 2nd trimester.

    And your hair is NOT fraggle like at all. It's cute and curly. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh congrats! I didn't know you were pregnant with number 2!
    Well, August in Texas sounds bad, so sweat pants and t-shirt is the way to go, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still trying to lose my 65 lb gain...4 years later! :( It was worth it. :)
    tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was vomiting with my second a lot longer. My doctor told me to take prilosac. Ask your doctor. I was miserable before I took it. And Aug in TX, get a pregnancy swimsuit and go swimming. IT. Will. Save. Your. Life. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ymk Hey I have the hardest time pulling up your site... can you post it for me so I can add it to my links?

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?