Saturday, May 2, 2009

The frenzy of worry

So I go back and forth with this whole worry thing. It didn't help that the doc assured me that yup I have bronchitis and he too was worried it was going to turn into pneumonia what with being preggo and all and the lack of drugs they can give me. I get into the car and am relaying this to Hubby and then start talking about the Swine flu and how what if I did get it and I before I could even really get into my worry rant he's gripping the steering wheel. "You are imagining yourself with Swine flu, pneumonia and basically on your death bed aren't you? This is just like worry crack for you, isn't it?" 
And he's right. 
Still, today when we go out to a super fun neighborhood event I am going to be a little bit manic with the sanitizer. Spritz spritz. 

6 comments:

  1. Right there with you. I remember one night Jim was working late and my imagination just ran away with thinking about robbers and kidnappers and people who would break in and steal...who knows what? It was, looking back, very silly. I still have to stop myself from letting my imagination get the best of me. So I've decided to imagine fun things instead. Like winning the lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a deep breath. Everything will be fine. Everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. I'm going to Disney tomorrow (basically just a breeding ground for infectious disease) and I fully anticipate going through five or six (thousand) bottles of hand sanitizer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY - There's nothing wrong with hanging little bottles of sanitizer from your purse and stroller and keychain, right?

    Tell me it's okay.

    Please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I am right there with you, as I posted earlier today. And even though I am queen worrier, I can honestly say to you with a straight face:

    don't worry! Everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you're feeling SO much better right now (and honestly, "worry crack" is an awesome phrase...I am addicted to that, too).

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?