Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm published!

It's nothing major, just a simple little article in a tiny little magazine. And I was so creative on my topic, I wrote about, wait for it.... writing. Ooh. You so thought I was going to say Kaiya didn't you? Well she was in there too. And here I must apologize for being a bit secretive simply because this raving idiot named her blog after her kid's actual name so she does her best to keep the rest of personal info as hush hush as possible, so I'm not posting the link to it that I so desperately want to post. It's a very small magazine anyway so the link just shows the title and my name, not the actual article, so it would pretty much be vanity anyways. And I admit, I keep clicking on it just to see me on a website other than this one. 
I had all but given up on the whole paid writer thing, and I'll be honest, the check was, um, for five bucks, but still. It's the principal of the thing. The really sad part is we were so dead broke this week we actually ran to the bank to deposit it. It's been one of those fun, let's-pretend-we're-in-college-and-eat-ramen weeks. 
Here's to all the writer's out there. Keep at it! One day, you too might get five bucks in the mail and feel like a million. (By the way, if you are already super successful and have a million wanna give me a erm fellowship or something? Was worth a try... On the whole being broke thing, does anyone else wonder where all the money went? Is there like an island of billionaire's laughing at all of us?)

6 comments:

  1. Horray! That's so exciting! Congradulations!
    I wonder where our money has gone too. The island is a good theory for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! And I'm jealous- even if it WAS a Ramen kind of a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're on a tight budget too. After our move we have to wait over a month for the hubby's first paycheck. I would certainly welcome a check for $5 too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH!!!! That is so exciting. I'm so freakin' excited for you! Can you copy what you wrote here or is that some sort of anti-copyright something or other I don't/can't understand in my pregnancy fog?
    Pretty sure the billionaires don't notice people who know what a $5 bill looks like. Especially those that appreciate it's very existence...like when your husband puts it in your bra because you have to park at the dr's office and don't have cash to pay for parking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you Court... published is published! Sometimes the greatest of achievements start out with humble beginnings :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats congrats congrats!!!! Yay!!!! :)tina

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?