Sunday, May 24, 2009

Psyching up for TWO

So I was talking with Bobeesah about parenting decisions the other day. I was wondering aloud why I doubt myself so much and came to the realization, while I was talking with her, that even though I don't have it all together yet I am at least a bit further down the road than I once was. I mean, with this pregnancy I have this feeling like I'm being lazy or something, but the truth is everything is already done. I mean, we still have all the baby stuff. If we have a boy, I sure hope he likes pink, but seriously, there isn't that sense of having to scramble around town and somehow find time to psychologically prepare for the biggest life change yet. Not that I have any doubts that having a second child will be a piece of cake, but I feel like I'm over that initial hump. I mean: she's still alive. We've survived two years. Some days I worry that noone will have heard from us in weeks and eventually someone will come to check on us and there we will be, under a gigantic pile of diapers, dolls and dirty laundry with the toddler on top like an explorer wearing a triumphant smile and carrying a little "I conquered the parents" flag. (They all get them in Heaven, you see, along with the rule book on how to drive us insane before they reach age three.) Anywhoo, I was talking about how I wonder if I shouldn't be preparing more for number two, or worried about it at least- I mean, why waste a perfectly good opportunity to worry?- when she remarked that she was researching on mommy blogs about the transition into baby number two and that for the most part it was like a more full feeling. Like their little families were more complete. And yes it was hard, but the hard was a kind worth having. So I'm starting to get a little excited. Like maybe, just maybe, this will be totally awesome. And maybe there will just be two little hikers ontop of the Mountain of Doom and flies buzzing around our heads. 

4 comments:

  1. You'll be fine. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WILL be totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I hope it's awesome. It will be. Right? Right. Yes. Yes it will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel absolutely horrible... I've been so busy I haven't read your blog in ages! And now I find out your preggers and I never knew... Anyway, congratulations and thanks for continuing to stop by my blog a little more faithfully than I read yours... =(

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?