Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ready set go!

You know that first day of school feeling? That, geeze this is all brand new and I'm worried I'm screwing it up in fantastic new ways? Well I've been all over that feeling. I am still waiting on the erm, benefits of my soon to be promotion, by that I mean: moo-lah. But at least they are moving me towards it by training me. And even though it is the same job essentially since the skills area all brand new it feels like a whole different job. And I feel out of my element. I also feel like, dang and I was just starting to get the hang of that too. Still, I guess this out of whack thing is normal for your twenties and thirties. I hope so at least. With the new though comes the feeling of excitement. I mean, let's face it sometimes life can sort of get stuck in a rut and I think I was feeling that with my career for a while. So while I have no delusions that this will solve that and I'm sure I will learn to hate this new thing just as much as I did the old thing I'm hoping the newness will keep me too busy to be pessimistic at least for a while. Here's to Spring and new things! If you are starting a new job, getting married, having a kiddo or just at some other new place in your life shoot me a line so I can feel like there's someone else in the trenches with me getting all splendidly muddy and battered too. 

7 comments:

  1. I admire you, Court! I'm not going anywhere new... but I am getting pretty muddy over here spinning my wheels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this time around I'll try to enjoy the mess of trying to figure out how one earth we're going to handle TWO children!! OMG!! I know, I know. There are plenty of parents with two and more and they're nodding and shaking their heads. But, still. Uncharted territory!! Worry at level 19!! Can we sit still for a minute and make some mud pies? I like pie. :) And congrats on the job training! Hope its fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good luck! And YAY for more moolah :)

    Nothing too "new" here: I'm taking two (HARD) classes this summer before starting my full-time nursing program in the fall (eek).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does moving to a new city a couple of months ago count? Or talking about sending your child to preschool in the fall? Ok, I'm worried. Thanks a lot, Court.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh moolah! Awesome. I have that butterfly in my tummy, first day of school feeling myself. I am starting a new job in about a month. A professional job-full time. I have been a sahm/wahm for almost 5 years, so this is scary! I threw away my favorite pair of sweats (they needed to go--holes, paint, bleach,etc). And it was really symbolic of my transition for me. I am scared! :)
    tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have anything new (although I am looking down the barrel of an operation that I don't want to have--does that count?), but I'm happy for you! While change is scary, it can also lead to wonderfulness, so hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, life is full of change for me right now too. It's overwhelming, a bit scary and really exciting. I hope you love your new job or at very least that the pay increase is lovable.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?