Thursday, June 11, 2009

Coming up for air

My first full week at my new job was last week and by the end of it I was feeling pretty good. Of course at the beginning I felt like I was sinking in the ocean and they were expecting me to catch fish. Kindof hard to do that when you're drowning but slowly I've been making my way to the top and while it's not like I'm reeling them in by the truck loads I do feel like: OK, I can do this.
It reminds me of when Kaiya was about two and a half months old and we were finally emerging from our cave for a few events like church and what not and I started to feel like a mom and not just some hapless woman this poor kid was stuck with. I guess there are times where you come into something, usually something you're already quite deep into, but it sortof starts clicking and meshing with who you were before and you get a picture of the new you. The merged you. 
So as this second week draws to a close and I continue to stumble along, hopefully I will keep learning and changing. It's hard for me to say that last part, gosh I hate change, but this seems like a season of it. New baby and all. Lately people keep congratulating me and I never know if it's for the baby, the job or both. New life all around. 

2 comments:

  1. The last part reminds me of the Simpsons (what doesn't?) and Marge was pregnant with Maggie, keeping it a secret from Homer who just got his dream job, and everyone was congradulating Homer on the baby, but he thought it was for his job. Hilariousness.
    The first week of the job is always the hardest. I'm sure you'll rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they are congratulating you on all of them at once! :) And you deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?