Saturday, June 20, 2009

The first hair cut I want

It shouldn't bother me that my kid has no hair really but it does for some reason. I see other little girls who are like six or eight months younger than her with shoulder length hair and I get all jealous. Doesn't help that the kid keeps mashing chocolate play doh* in her hair and cheese enchiladas. So then we have to cut a chunk because it just ain't coming out. My parents keep telling me that I was bald until I was two and that she has more hair than I did already. I don't know that that is comforting though because once my hair did come in it came with a vengence. It was thick, curly, tangles all through and impossible. But the truth is as frustrating as the curls can be to manage I love my hair. I hope she does too, if she ever gets it. 




*CHOCOLATE SCHENTED PLAY DOH 

Flour 
Cocoa powder 
Salt 
Cream of tartar 
Cooking oil 
Boiling water

Mix 1 1/4 cups of flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 cup salt, 1/2 
Tablespoon cream of tartar. Add 1 1/2 Tablespoons cooking oil, 1 cup 
boiling water. 
Stir quickly, mix well. Cook over low heat until dough forms a ball. 
When cool, mix with your hands. Store in airtight container. It smells 
good enough to eat but tastes awful so kids won't eat!


WE LOVE THAT STUFF!! I HATE THE GROSS SMELL OF PLAY DOH BUT THE CHOCOLATLY SMELL IS YUM.

6 comments:

  1. Do they make baby wigs? Just kidding...please don't consider a baby wig that would just be creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ Maria, I once did that locks of love thing and then the next day I got up with bed head and my dad was all: just think some poor kid in Africa is having a bad hair day thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did a post inspired by your post. Come by and check it out. I promise you'll chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate play doh? Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she has quite a lot.. I mean it's definitely on the way.
    How old is she?

    I don't know if this helps you.. but long hair on a baby doesn't always help.. My 3,5 year-old always had hair and it's growing fast. But it is so thin and dry so I have to keep it quite short. My friend's girl at the same age was bald until she was two years old.. but she has "better" hair than my girl now..

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've added kool-aid powder to our homemade playdough for a neat smell. Just have to be careful with staining, some colors just get everywhere. But it's still easy to clean. Another teacher I knew made cinnamon play dough which was perfect in the fall. Mmmm...

    And of course she'll get her hair. And with more tangles and fun than you'll probably want. :)

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?