Monday, June 22, 2009

My cursed brownies

I have this issue with hospitality. This need to want to do a good job when bringing things to pot-luck or other such gatherings. Maybe it's just being a woman. I mean it seems men have it so much easier. They are perfectly comfortable buying a bag of chips and a thing of salsa and plopping them down on the table. Me? Oh heavens no I couldn't do that! So I was all sad I was just making plain jane brownies but way too tired the night before to jazz them up. Off I set with my little tray of brownies, all nervous that they might be too chewy or too dry or too plain. A few people ate them and much to my delight those that did said good thing (at least to my face) but it did seem they liked them and I was all like Yeah! There were a few jokes of them being pot brownies (they weren't) because I have the reputation of being the hippy at work, but I just hoped the intrigue would get more people to eat them. But it was a BBQ roast (I brought my little tofu shaped like bbq ribs) and so everyone was stuffed just about before they got to desert so I was left with a huge thing of them still. Which was fine because it's summer and the beginning of events and gatherings so I had a meeting about this park thing we're doing and sure enough I: left the brownies on the table at home. I was so bummed. It sort of worked out though because noone brought anything to drink and they are a tad on the dry side. The next day I was like: Oh good, another meeting! Perfect opportunity to leave them on the mantel right by the door. I had to defend myself for some reason. I just felt compelled. "I swear I made brownies but I keep leaving them!" A friend told me that means someone is going to come and visit me and I'll need them then. I think it means I just keep snacking on them myself WHICH IS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO AVOID. 

3 comments:

  1. People make pot brownie jokes about me too, weird. I think people who eat tofu are just generally considered to be hippies. Far out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess it makes sense. I mean, if all we eat is plants you would think we'd eat all of them, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Figures. Hopefully those brownies will get eaten by some one else.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?