Thursday, June 18, 2009

You gotta keep em separated


Everyone likes chicken noodle soup when they have a cold. Even me, except I hold the chicken, but still I figured since I was slurping down some noodle soup and it was making me feel better I should give her a go at it too. Of course how do you give a toddler noodle soup? Why you put the noodles on a plate and the broth in a little cup of course! I can't remember if I read that in a magazine or if someone told me it, but it's a trick that's worked great for us.
I hate it when she has a cold or is feeling all puny. It's hard to get mad at her when she's irritable because she's sick but a grumpy two-year-old is no fun. The thing is, she really is a sweet kid. Even when she's sick she's still very sensitive and caring towards others and it's hard not to love her more when here puffy eyes are staring up at you adoringly.

2 comments:

  1. She is awfully cute in that pic. I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute. And that is a brilliant idea about putting the soup in a cup. The boys love miso with those giant plastic Asian spoons.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?