Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mama Bear with an Uzi

Don't you just love pregnant dreams? I had one where I was pushing Kaiya, and then the new one too, and then back to just her and then these terrorists stole the new one. So I grabbed an uzi and I chased after them. Of course, what would I do? I mean if I shot at them I could hit baby, right? It didn't quite make sense. And then I had a dream I had a baby with no eyes. That one has been haunting me. I think because we had some sweet people at our church that actually had that in real life, it was a birth defect of some kind. I guess it's just the normal pregnant jitters trying to work themselves out in my psyche. I read in wondertime that when we have bad dreams we think they are awful, but they are actually like medicine for us. I guess that makes sense. I mean, most medicine stinks going down but later you do feel better and it's the same way when you have a dream that makes you face what you're fearing. Of course things can go wrong with the baby, but that's where prayer and hope come in and there's not much I can do about it from this side of things other than just keep popping those vitamins and eating as healthy as I can. (Aaah... but that mint brownie and peanut butter ice cream sundae with hot fudge I had last night was so delightful!)

4 comments:

  1. I've always found that I had bad dreams when I couldn't deal with the bad times in real life. The next day I could continue on, kicking butt, being happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Uzi dream was genetic. I used to get it all the time. :-)>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe that sundae is the cause of the nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just try and take my sundae!!! (The sound of a shot-gun raking... )

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?