Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ah, friend land.

I just read this fantastic book, that I highly recommend, about friendship. It's called Firefly lane girls. It's beautiful. I bawled at the end, just to warn you. I had wrote a letter (I think... maybe email? I've since lost it which is sad because I had made a cute card with it...) to Bobeesah about this book suggesting we read it together. So we could feel like there weren't thousands of miles in between us or something. Then I read the whole darn thing because I couldn't put it down. Which is sad because she happened to have the book already. (Which is not surprising if you know her, of course she had it, she has every friggin' book there is.... I used to play this game with my mom where I would try to come up with random junk and see if she had it in her purse. She did. Every weird sort of thing we could think of. You could probably name most books and I bet she would have them... anyway.) It really is a great book though and spans these girls' lives which was cool I thought. I loved how they stayed friends even though their lives took different paths. So many of the people I used to be friends with when I was single just sort of dropped off when the babies started coming which used to bug me but, well, it is a huge shift. It can be hard to stay connected with someone when the main things in your life are totally different and I think it takes special people to bridge those gaps. So anyway, read the book, it will make you grow, laugh and cry. Ooh and yeah me I took a "mental health day" tomorrow and we might go see a movie or something... yipee. So, sadly no list. Hey, anyone have thoughts on if a two year old is too young for the circus? We're debating that, thought I'd throw it out there for some opinions... Byebye!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book suggestion! I think I just figured out what gift I'm going to give my best friend who just moved to New Orleans for grad school :)

    I think she would enjoy the circus! Although, she may not sit still for everything. But I'm sure there are a lot of things that would be fun for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check it out.
    Circus? I have no clue. I know two-year-olds get antsy through movies. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say go, if you can, because even if she just sits for a minute, she'll see something she may not see anywhere else, you know? But plan on gettin gup and down and up and down....It should be pretty loud, though, so hopefully not a big deal? Hopefully?

    And I so do not have every book....just a lot of them. Oh, and have you read The Time Traveler's Wife? Because you should. And grab the kleenex. Jim liked the book, too, weird, right? The movie is coming out soon and I'm almost sure it's not going to be as good as the book. Meh. Still want to see it, though.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?