Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Hi-Five

In honor of dear departed Bo Bo, this week's list is my five favorite pets:

1. Jeff the cat. There were two of them, and I named them Eddie and Jeff after... wait for it... members from Pearl Jam. Hey. It was 1993. Gimme a break. I don't know why but for some reason I liked Jeff better. Sorry Eddie.

2. These little frogs I would catch on my grandfather's farm. I don't remember any of their names, but they were the size of your thumbnail and my grandfather had I made a insect catching cage for me that I used to keep them in. I loved it because it had a little heart-shaped door and he hand-made it for me.

3. Bear, my brother's dog. I hated dogs, and though they are growing on my no dog quite got to my heart like this one. I almost hate to admit I liked it but it was so pathetic you almost had to. It had a huge butt and it would slide off butt first sometimes. Plus it was so dumb, it would repeatedly run into the sliding glass door to trying to get outside.

4. Alice, my golden cat, who got me through a friend's death and when I was pregnant with Kaiya it was like she knew before I did. She was so fiercely protective of Kaiya when she was a baby that she stood up to a pit bull once, blocking it's way to the child.

5. Bo Bo of course, because it was my daughter's first pet and he will be missed. Goodbye Bo Bo, happy swimming!

3 comments:

  1. Cute high five this week. Pets can be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest in peace, Bo Bo. The passing of a pet is soooo sad but you have some good memories of your pets. I like the story about the heart shaped door on the cage. Sweet! :)
    tina

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?