Tuesday, September 22, 2009

grateful

I think I forgot the roller coaster it is to be a new parent, like, how almost numbing it can be at times, but I don't want to forget all this great stuff that keeps happening, all these moments. I am deeply grateful for the computer access the hospital provides free wi-fi, yeah!, and my smart hubby brought our 'puter which has been nice. I'm even more deeply grateful to my parents and sister for their sacrafices this week. My poor sister was working NINE days in a row for us to be off when CJ came- figures huh?-, which moves me to tears but then I am an emotional hormonal wreck so everything does, and I am sad she couldn't be here this week I have a feeling I'm really gonna need her help next week. And my parents took Kaiya back with them for a few days which is so awesome. She loves her cousins, isn't this the cutest picture??I still miss her like crazy. And I wish she could see her brother, but soon enough we'll all be together again.
My whole church prayed for my baby boy. How cool is that? It's like the kid is a rock star and he's only four days old. I am so happy he got that uncomfortable nose thingy off his little face and he opened his eyes up and gave me that new baby gaze that captured my heart. My milk came in already. How sweet is it that Jesus gave me my one request: to be able to feed my son as soon as possible? I am grateful for this amazing new life given to us to care for.
And I'm grateful for you. Thank you for all the sweet prayers and comments. Life is good. New life is even better.

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that things are going so well! I can't wait until you get to take him home. I hope you are on the mend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear your milk came in and that is an adorable picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for boob juice! And Yay for nose tube freedom! And a super YAY for you, because this was a beautiful post about what matters when things are rough. Thank you for writing it. You are not only one of the strongest people I know, but brave and just darling to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a cousin sandwich :)

    Great news that all is under control. Savor it all.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?