Thursday, September 17, 2009

So big

I think I've been growing lately. (Of course you idiot, you say, but I mean like as a person not just in girth.) I didn't quite realize it until it was the usual debrief time with Hubby. I started to tell a story about a difficult co-worker and he was being all sympathetic and kept saying how hard it must of been dealing with this person and I kept defending her! Then I actually started to empathize with her and I was able to shrug off some of the slight... for once not jumping to the conclusion that 'oh no! someone hates me! must fix it!!' and I just went about my work. I didn't even think anything about it until she showed up at my cubicle, which was bizarre because we work like a good hundred feet away and I've never seen her past the 50/50 mark... it's usually me going over there you see, to ask a question or twelve since I'm still the newbie and she's the "I'm two years from retirement... grr...." person. So in our little arrangement I go to her. It actually startled me to look up and see her there. She then came as close as she could to apologizing, for her, which is to say it wasn't really an apology but I knew it was the most I could ever hope for from her so I took it so to speak. I've gotten to where I brush off most comments now, which for an extremely huge raging hormonal pregnant woman I say is pretty good. Speaking of hormones though, I was catching up on clips from You Tube about the whole Kayne West debacle and I started crying when Beyonce (sp?) let Taylor use her time to redo the thanks to the audience part. I mean, that's when you know you are an emotional hormonal wreck: when Beyonce makes you bawl.

5 comments:

  1. That was nice of Beyonce, wasn't it? But I read somewhere that the VMA ppl asked her to do that. I don't know how true that is, but it was a nice gesture.
    Your header is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I love recognizing my own personal growth!

    I am with you on the weirdly hormonal thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock! Because that's amazing to do when your pregnant. Imagine the saint you will be once the hormones return to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of your beautiful baby belly! Good luck, Court. Thinking of you and wishing you a fabulous delivery experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you've got pregnancy hormones to blame the tears on. I haven't had those hormones in my system for years and I continue to get choked up on random un-cryable things.

    Sigh.

    Thank you, childbirth.

    LOVE that photo at the top!

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?