Friday, October 9, 2009

Not the conversation you want to have with your ob

Nurse: any questions or problems?

Me: Um, no, not reall... oh, well there is this sore spot that also gets warm and kind of swollen...

Nurse: (tilting head) Hmm... is it by your incision?

Me: No, it's right here, (pointing to my hip area) and I call it my "sore spot" because it's in the same area just opposite sides from my first c-section. (This same sore spot that my mom so lovingly informed me, oh yeah, I have spots that hurt for 50 years after my c-section... great...)

Nurse: (still tilting head, eyebrows raised now) OK, I'll just put fever near "sore spot." And, um, the doctor will likely have no idea what that means and ask you about it.

And she was right because my doctor usually walked in and chit chatted a bit before getting down to business but this time...

Doc: Hi! Ok, so what is this thing about a "sore spot?"

Me: Right here, (pointing to my hip area again) and I call it my "sore spot" because it's in the same area just opposite sides from my first c-section.

Doc: Oh, that's probably where the (Some big fancy doctor word I've forgotten how to even remotely spell, which is probably for the best because... ahem... a certain nurse I know says I spell all these medical things wrong...) stitch was. (And she then starts to mash, on the sore spot, WHY DO DOCTORS DO THAT???) Yup. I can feel it down there.

Me: And the burning?

Doc: No idea. That's weird. Let me know if it continues.




4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want to hear, "that's weird" from my O.B. either. ; )

    I hope your sore spot goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE when doctors say things like that. I hope your spot goes away soon also!

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?