Thursday, October 22, 2009

Portraits of soilders

I try to not get too political and I don't plan to start by any means. To be honest I don't know how I feel about the war(s) because they are extremely complicated things aren't they and I have not been at the stage of life to sit and ponder deep things for any substantial length of time. What with the mommys! and the wahs! constantly emitting from one of my two kiddos and all. I have tremendous respect for the folks who are over seas, away from their families and in dangerous situations every day though and I stumbled on this site which I found fascinating. It is 100 Faces of War Experience and this artist is doing 100 different oil paintings of soldiers. I can't remember how many he has finished, but I had seen a story on one of them, a soldier who was burned badly, and so I went to the site and poked around. It is fascinating. They write a little something too, so you get this little slice of life from their point of view.
You may remember my post that had a link to send a thank you card to a soldier as well, just in case you're feeling thankful again... I know I sure am.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it does seem like the war is a complicated thing. Sounds like a great site. I'll make sure and check it out. Sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?