Thursday, October 15, 2009

This crazy living

At the end of the day all that really matters is that they are still alive. Still breathing at the end of the day, that's the goal. The truth is, dare I say it, as it may in fact be way to premature... but it's not as hard as I thought it would be. I mean it is hard. That whole sleep when the baby thing, well, it's like the stars have to be aligned just right for Kaiya to sleep when CJ is so we have taken to this tag-teaming system that is at least getting us by. The moments though, when she feeds him a bottle, when her eyes light up when he does something new, when she comes running to get us because "BABY'S CRYING!!" So make it worth it. To experience this: Kaiya as sister and getting to experience all the newness of a baby with us, is so worth it. And I love that he gets to enter the world with an extra person to love him. It's like life, multiplied. And it's great. I'm not saying it's easy, just worth it. Now if only I could get myself to put him down more. We swore we wouldn't make the same mistakes and have to rock both our kids to sleep until they are 18 and then feel bad for their college roommates but it's so hard. He's so cute. And since I usually do the night shift and all heck breaks loose when the Queen gets awoken by his crying it's all I can do to try and keep him quiet in the wee hours of the night. Hopefully it will get better soon right? The sleeping part that is.. I'm not naive enough to think our newborn will suddenly start sleeping through the night super early, only strange extremely lucky people have that happen to them.
And on a side note, Hubby got "An Artic Tale" from the library for Kaiya and I must say, it was pretty good. You may be sick of penguin movies, but this is about polar bears and walruses and had quite a cute little story. Plus the music totally rocks and if you don't want to be preached at, just don't watch the end credits... though I thought that part was cute too...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are adjusting to your new little addition. That's great. I remember the rocking years. Enjoy them while they last because it doesn't last long. I wish that I had spent more time rocking my baby because now she is five and hardly fits on my lap. LOL! Hope you catch up on your sleep soon. Thanks for stopping by and for the sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely not easy, maybe you are just good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's harder the second one aroud. But at least there are rewards to having those older siblings around.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?