Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's different this time by God!

I swore I was going to be better at this mother stuff the second go around. I actually thought I was going to finally finish the what to expect book. Bwhahaha. I didn't even attempt to dig it out of whatever dark hole it is hiding in. I had read somewhere that babies are stimulated by black and white pictures. The article even suggested making flashcards. Mwhahahaha ha. ha. You know my flashcard? A paper plate with a triangle, circle (sort of... they are hard to make... was more like an amoeba) and a square. Then a sketch of a house, tree and sun. Why on earth those random things, heaven only knows. I was going to have all his stuff organized and ready for him. Ha! Big freaking Ha! Who knows where half of his clothes are! His crib is still in pieces. I just keep blaming it on him, after all, he was early. (Of course there was no WAY all that was going to get done in a week.) Yup, as much as I hate to say it, this kid is lucky to get get fed and changed. That's all he needs anyway and wants anyway: belly full and pants dry. So be it! Let's all throw out our baby mozart cd's together I say! Yeah for survival!

3 comments:

  1. As long as he's full and dry, you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my doctor told me, babies sleep just fine in dresser drawers.
    And I'm famous for yelling to conserned family members that I'm. NOT. in. Labor. I'm. NOT. Ready. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I hear that! I had such organization going into motherhood, but now I am just happy to wash the spit up off. Who cares about having everything in order when there is an adorable little baby gazing at you!??

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?