Sunday, November 8, 2009

Through her eyes


We've had a few new adventures in the last couple of weeks which have simply been a treasure to watch Kaiya experience for the first time. My sweet father has been trying to get us to go see a Wiggle show, and it was not a stretch to imagine my Wiggle-obsessed child would go absolutely beserk but it was quite another thing to actually be there for it in person. Thankfully Hubby woke me up for it, as I was konked out since I had stayed up most of the night with "baby brother" (I so wish you could hear the way Kaiya says that, I just simply can't do it justice.)
Off we went and when we made it into the kiddie part of the park we were just in time for the Wiggle show which had just started. She looked around, confused, and as my dad said it was like she was thinking: how did you get them off my TV? Some of the highlights were when Dorothy waved at her and she waved back. Later on she climbed up on the stage when Hubby wasn't looking which gave us big laughs. At the end she got to hug her favorite character, Wags the Dog and it was adorable. Sadly they only let us take one picture at the end and I'm not sure where it is now and it was a group shot. We then went on a slew of rides, above is Kaiya in a Big Red Car, which was fun but my daredevil child liked the faster, scarier rides better. One was a log ride that dropped down very steep and I was terrified. Not for me, I love a good thrill ride and can't get enough (must be where she gets it from) but suddenly I wasn't the only one on the thrill ride and I was seeing it through the eyes of a toddler. It goes the other way too though, for she loved it and squealed in delight, and never before have I experienced such joy about a ride as seeing it through the eyes of my kid.

1 comment:

  1. How awesome is that? It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?