Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ooops

What is the one thing you don't want to say to your boss? How about: gimme more work sir! I think I was feeling all guilty that everyone had to pull extra weight around the office while I was gone. Especially with another co-worker being away on military leave at the same time. And I think he was being sweet and not entirely convinced I was going to come back when I said I would since all that stuff came up with my mom this last month so he hadn't assigned me anything. I had expected to come back to two days worth of emails and another two days of phone calls. Believe it or not I did not have a single voice message. I think it might have been that it occurred to me to do my "away" message from the hospital bed. And they had just given me something so I was a little loopy and so I rambled for a quite a bit with the incessant hospital beeps in the background. That did the trick I guess. People gave up, hung up, or called someone else I bet. So after like, Tuesday, I had finished the work for the time being and suggested he gave me more. I walked away from his office with a stack of files. Oh brother. And he promised to give me more after lunch. So, if you are wondering where I am, that's my hand sticking out from underneath a pile of manila envelopes. It was nice knowing you. Sigh, goodbye weekend, hello work!

3 comments:

Got any random bits of your own?