Monday, February 22, 2010

Twitching just a bit

Over the years I have given up various things for Lent. One year it was chocolate. Another year Caedmon's Call. That second one might seem odd but I was completely obsessed and could not like, go to the bathroom, without listening to them. Those were probably the two most notable. I actually did pretty good with the chocolate one, as it was considerably easier than I thought it would be. Last year I tried to do worry. Emphasis on tried. And by do worry I mean, I tried to stop worrying for forty blasted days. Yeah. Not so much. This years' banned item should not come as a surprise to anyone that knows me in real life. Ok, it might have even spilled over into my bloggy world at least once. Like here. Yup. I elected to forgo my beloved farm games and by extension my little people and city game as well. So far I'm not doing too bad and wouldn't you know it there is this abundance of time. Ok. Not really. I've been working a crazy work schedule and now have TWO children sick with that wretched RSV but still, it is good to clear the mind a bit and not play so much mindless farming stuff so much. If you are giving something up, good luck to you, and I'd love to hear how it's going!

1 comment:

  1. I just started on Farmville because my mom begged me to be her naighbor. The problem is she begged my brother too, and it turns out I'm highly competative with him. Dang.
    I was suppose to start going to church and reading the Bible every night. Yeah, that's not going very well. I think I'm going to have some make up to do.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?