Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Praying for Jesus

Kaiya and I have been plugging away at her little toddler bible. It goes quicker since it's for kiddos and we are already at the Easter story. It was a delicate balance between not scaring the begeebers out of her and not butchering the story, but her storybook bible does a pretty decent job of it. Kaiya knows our routine very well and will remind me that after we read we pray. I usually ask her who she wants to pray for and let her rattle off family members, but it is almost always her two oldest cousins whom she adores. This night though, right after reading about Jesus getting a bad ouchie so we didn't have to, Kaiya said: let's pray for Jesus so he gets all better!
Doesn't that just melt your heart? I have to say it was most likely the first time in my life I have ever prayed for Jesus, instead of to him. I seriously hope it made his day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any random bits of your own?