Sunday, May 16, 2010

In a nutshell

I took my favorite little theatre-goer to see a kids' version of Beauty and the Beast. She did great again, only getting a little antsy towards the end but even then she wasn't too loud. I wasn't sure how much of it she understood as we haven't seen that movie yet. The costumes were fantastic but I almost bit my lip off when she said, very loudly, "Why does that boy have cups on his hands?" When I looked harder I realized they did look like cups! It was the costume for the candle character. Kaiya has been obsessed with "mean guys" and tends to see things very black and white so I tried to prepare her for a mean guy who turns into a good guy. She just looked at me dubiously. As we were walking out of the theatre and Hubby asked her what she thought of it she said: "Mean guy got the girl!" Yup. He nodded and said in a solemn voice: they often do honey but she was already skipping off down the sidewalk, excited to be able to be loud and move again. I started to worry in the middle of it that she was going to get up and dance in the aisle. Oh why can't we go to a good ol' fashioned Baptist church and then I wouldn't have to worry about that? (In case you're wondering, the church we go to it is perfectly normal to get up and dance in the aisle. Don't worry if you come join us though we only bring the snake out after you've been about three times.)

2 comments:

  1. Ok. That's it. I've got to see the snake dance, we're coming to visit. ;)

    Seriously, I wish we lived closer to great theater.

    And, she is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?