Saturday, June 19, 2010

Breakthrough!

Just when I was starting to despair that my stubborn toddler would insist on having everything her way, all the time, there was a little glimmer of hope. I was fussing at her to do something to which she yelled back 'no!' I was too tired that day to argue and told her to go to her room. I was almost asleep and quite frankly had forgotten whatever it was I told her to do that she then yelled 'no' back at me for when she came back in the room. She walked up to me and said: "mommy, I'm sorry I yelled at you." My heart about stopped. An unsolicited apology. A heart-felt one at that. I scooped her up and hugged her and loved on her. I then bragged on her to her daddy and our Daddy (in prayer). I'm still so proud of her I thought I'd brag to the whole world via the internet. My little girl has such a sweet heart, I just have to remember that sometimes when she's stomping her little feet that she is still learning how to love. Heck. I'm still learning to love.

2 comments:

  1. That's very touching. I can just imagine her thinking about it and deciding to apologize. It's a big deal. Most adults don't apologize.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?