Saturday, August 21, 2010

Boobs.

*Disclaimer. Dude, read the title.*

Is it weird that I miss my mom's boobs? I was thinking about this tonight as my son rested his head on my chest after nursing. His sweet little baby head. He let out a happy little sound and patted one of my boobs fondly. If he had learned this word yet I have a feeling he would have said: "mine."
When I was little I used to love to sleep on my mom. There was something comforting in just being by her. Like it was base and the whole world could cry out "olly olly oxen free" and you were. Free. Safe.
It's not like I think she is less beautiful. Or even less of a person without them, it's just this deep thing that bothers me and probably shouldn't. Sort of a "this-could-happen-to-me" mixed in with a final: wow. Gone. Maybe all of us go bit by bit, but for some it's just more obvious.
I guess after a hard night I just want to rest my head on her bosom and be comforted. Let out a happy sound. Things change but mom is still mom and at least she is here even if all of her is not.

1 comment:

  1. So true. I also find comfort in the smell of my mother, particularly her hair.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?