Friday, September 3, 2010

I'm just talking to myself.

I talk to myself all the time. So does Hubby. So does Kaiya. CJ will too I'm sure, and for all we know maybe when he is babbling away some of it is to himself also. The funny thing about three people (and a half) who talk to themselves all the time is sometimes we step on each other's conversations. It is not uncommon for one of us to walk into the room and hear half a sentence and be completely confused. "Wahuh?" We yell at the other. The standard line is: I'm just talking to myself. So Kaiya has picked this up. Since she is real big on pretend play too she also talks to everything else. Like the pool floaty we got for CJ shaped like a starfish. "What did you say honey?" "Nothing mommy, me just talking to Starfish!" And so forth.
One day I walked in and she was babbling away and I asked her who she was talking to and she said the name of her new imaginary friend. I asked her what her friend was doing and she explained, quite patiently I might add, that no, it was the imaginary friend who was talking to herself. I had this mental image of those little wooden dolls that fit inside each other, biggest to smallest, and I had to shake it out of my head.
I'm going to go back to talking to myself now, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any random bits of your own?