Saturday, October 30, 2010

Blowing raspberries. At Work.

I frequently blow raspberries at my kids.
Or make farting noises with my mouth at them.
So frequently that the other day, at work, I went: pllfppplflppft.
in the middle of a meeting.
Heads turned.
I grinned sheepishly and said "baby was up all night."
That was a lie
but people just shrugged or rolled their eyes and moved on.
I was talking to a doctor friend of mine about this
and she was saying her work friends tease her
for saying she has to go "potty."
I was all, what? That's wrong?
Truth is I love blowing raspberries.
Seriously. Do it now.
Wherever you are, stop what you're doing and just
spuz the air in front of you. It's relaxing right?
I've decided I'm going to keep saying: I have to go potty.
Because that's what it is, the potty, not "the restroom."
And I'm going to keep blowing raspberries at odd,
random intervals throughout my day and should my boss
happen upon me then I will try not to look to sheepish
but somewhat proud.
Cause the term working mommies is all backwards.
It's mommies working I think.
My kids come first because when I'm 95 my co-workers
won't be taking my car keys away from me
but my kids sure will try. Not just that though,
they just come before work because
they matter so much more than my job does.

1 comment:

  1. I'm at work and I blew a raspberry and yes it was soothing.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?