Wednesday, November 10, 2010

home

this place will feel like home, eventually, won't it?
these unfamiliar sounds
such different shadows that creep in this place
sigh.


little by little the routines set in
and yes
it starts to feel like home again
the new sounds mesh with the memories of the old ones


it changes again
all things do, and usually, just when i'm comfortable again.


this world may not feel like home
not, at least, while it's broken and screwed up


one day, maybe soon, maybe not, the big change
and i'll be home.

4 comments:

  1. We have moved a lot and every time I complain my mom says, "The world is not my home, I'm just passing through on my way home." When I was a teen it kind of annoyed me, but now it's a comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written. I have felt these feelings before. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautiful expressed. I have a feeling that you will make it feel like home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are feelings that I have often felt. I am usually happiest once I am surrounded by my own things and my family. I know that with the holidays coming it will begin to feel like home for you and the kids.
    Becca

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?