Sunday, February 27, 2011

the desires of the heart

i've been thinking about giving. and receiving. it's like, communication. or a form of it anyway. its. holy. sort of. You give and give so much. we are to receive.  just receive. 
the desires of my heart. oh, can, it, really, be? yes. it is there for the taking. You give. You gave all. we are to give like You do, till it hurts. but, i suppose we are to receive in kind. freely, fiercly. 
i am in love with You.  yet. i act sometimes like i dont even know You. the love of Christ, freely given but not free. bought with the blood of christ. the blood, it pumps from the heart. central. we get what we put central in our lives. what is the desire of my heart? my game i keep flipping too? distractions? work? worry? if You are on my mind, lately it seems on the back of it. i'm sad to say. what would my life look like if i truly made You central in it? i have a feeling, of course You would give me the desires of my heart. they would be Yours as well. center. mind. controlling. fixing. setting upon. holy, is set apart. ...maybe there is something to intentional. not just in it though, but the what. what i am focusing on. Him? or me? who is it going to be?

‎"Dare to love and to be a real friend. The love you give and receive is a reality that will lead you closer and closer to God as well as to those whom God has given you to love."~~~~Henri J.M. Nouwen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any random bits of your own?