Monday, April 16, 2012

Party like a rock star!


So. I'm a rockstar. I finally joined the ranks of the technologically cool and got an ipad. Before you judge, we saved and planned for it, it's not like we just went out and bought one. On that note I should learn to not apologize for being pretentious because I own an ipad as when I was doing so last week the person I was talking to owned two. Oops. 

Having this nifty little contraption is great primarily because I can play all my silly little games to my heart's delight but more importantly so I can browse all my favorite blogs. Which I have from time to time over these last few years but haven't had time to do it as much as I want and feel like I've missed out on all my bloggy friend's fabulous lives. 

So in short: I'm back! The other reason I'm a rockstar is I've decided to join Five minutes for Mom's Ultimate Blog Party 2012. So for those new here it goes:

I'm a working mom with two kids and a beloved stay-at-home father for a husband. My daughter just turned five, holy cow where has the time gone??? and the blog is named after her because I love her name and when she was first born she brought so much joy to our world and her new little baby laughs were healing to my soul. Then came along CJ who is two and is sort of like a bull-dozer who loves to play with his vast collection of Hot Wheels cars. (I am deeply suspicious it is really daddy's collection but that is neither here nor there.) 
I do my best to follow Christ, though my mental image of my walk is one of me tied to him with a rope and him dragging me along. Every now and then I manage to get up on my knees and craw a little bit, so at least there's that. 
I dabble in writing and occasionally will make y'all suffer for it via my blog.... mwahahahaha! I hope y'all enjoy your time here and have fun blog-hopping, I know I sure will!


15 comments:

  1. Love your sense of humor! iPads are a wonder of an invention. Now we wonder how we ever lived without it:) Have fun exploring yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will! And thanks for the sweet compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my place...love the joy found here and the sweet pictures of your kiddos. blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome. Sometimes I miss the joy staring me right in the face, because it's knee-high!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't gotten one yet, but people seem to really love them. I am torn by a love/hate relationship with technology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on that. I have refused to "text" for the longest time but am trying to transition into a more supervisory role for the future at work and have to suck it up and deal with that bit of technology as all these gen y kids text the heck out of everything!

      Delete
  6. Hi, just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog. The volcano is super easy to do. Start with an empty water bottle and form a volcano around it using play dough or clay (we made homemade clay). Then add 2 tblsp of baking soda to the bottom of the bottle. Using red colored vinegar, add it slowly until it erupts. Super fun and yes, super easy.

    And FYI - iPads are amazing, but extremley addicting. I seriously have a HUGE problem!! LOL!! Your kiddos are super cute. I will definately be stopping by more. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'll have to try that when their grandparents are in town... (insert comment from my father below). and yes... (twitch, twitch) i might be slightly addicted.

      Delete
  7. Oh I love your daughter's name & that's the perfect description of little boys. Bulldozers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren't they? And thanks... it is Japanese for Forgiveness.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for stopping in at my blog. I can tell yours is one I'll be visiting regularly, just to keep me laughing. :) "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine. "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It has been fun seeing all the neat things people have in their heart!

      Delete
  9. I'd love an ipad at some point - my hubby has one for work. :) Loved your intro, and your kids are so cute. Thanks for visiting me. It's nice meeting you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog from the UBP! :) Love yours & I'm following now. Your kids are adorable! Nice to "meet" you.

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I wish I had an ipad-I just play with mr dad's when he visits.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?