Thursday, January 31, 2013

Five Minute Friday

I'm trying something new this week because now that our sabbath project is done, which was awesome! I'm needing a bit of direction for writing (and to find my bloody keyboard but that's another story altogether) so I decided to try this little project out over at Five Minute Friday with Lisa Jo Baker. Which is writing for five minutes unedited (thank gawd, I hate editing anyway) and this week's prompt is 'afraid.' Ready, set, go!

I am afraid sometimes and I hate it. For I am not a person who likes to be vulnerable. I've been thinking a lot about survivors lately. Like this family that survived on their own in Russia for forty years. Or like the woman whom the book The Island of Blue Dolphins is about. To do whatever it takes, even if you're all alone to stay alive. I think in the back of my mind I'm slightly afraid that I wouldn't have what it takes. 

Be not afraid. The Lord is with you. That give me great comfort. To think that if I ever was stuck on an island somewhere my only companion would not be a volleyball named Wilson but the Almighty God of the universe. 

4 comments:

  1. I loved your reflection. The ending hilarious and yet so true!!!

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Almighty God! Yes. And even if we aren't stuck on the island all alone, sometimes he feels like our only companion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your thoughts on this one. I am grateful to know that I have a Heavenly Father who knows who I am and that answers prayers. I would hope to have great faith instead of fear.
    Blessings to you!
    I am happy you are back blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Got any random bits of your own?