Sunday, June 9, 2013

True church


I got to go to church today for the first time in a long, long time. With my asthma completely wrecking me this allergy season I have spent the last several Sundays at home in my room. With my allergen-sucking fan going and my nebulizer right beside me. I did at least listen to one of the sermons that I had missed last week but I had this sad sense that it just wasn't the same. The sweet faces of my church community were not all around me, smiling and worshipping and no one there to hug and pray with. 
So when I was able to make in today I was delighted and it was a sweeter experience for having waited so long.  My son was perched on my lap with his little foot tapping to the music and I was a happy girl. It occurred to me that being at church was much better than listening to a sermon in my room. 
Then it occurred to me that just as my version of bedroom 'church' hardly compared to the real thing, how much more will the true church in heaven be compared to the dim reflection of what we do down here? What if parts of this life do translate to what eternity is like but like the word says, it's only a dim reflection of what is to come? With the lovey promise that there will be no more tears to boot. 
I don't know about you, but I can't wait for true church. One sweet day, we will be there, before the throne and singing holy, holy, holy. What a day that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any random bits of your own?