Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My valentine

My dear husband and I celebrated Valentine's Day a little early, and we then both got a stomach bug. So in honor of the love of my life here is what I had written for him for his birthday, a list of things I love about him.
Hope you and yours have a good holiday, and especially a healthy one!


40 things I love about you 

1) Your eyes, green like the rich part of a leaf,  just like I special ordered them to be when I daydreamed what my husband would have.
2) Your servant heart that quietly toils away even when no one is looking.
3) Your butt (sorry anyone I'm related to...) 'nuff said.
4) Your sense of humor, for I love laughing with you and that I have to keep lamenting that one of us is supposed to be the adult.
5) The way when you smile your eyes crinkle.
6) Your fabulous, inventive cooking, that somehow sustains my extremely pick self.
7) Your love for deep discussion and the way you get excited when one starts.
8) Your writing and even more that you don't change it or dumb it down just because the masses are begging for stupidity.
9) The way you give the best, most complete hugs, especially when I need them most.
10) Your ability to meet a complete stranger and have them sharing deepest, darkest secrets within a matter of minutes.
11) Your deep, Barry White sexy, voice. (Again, sorry anyone in related to. You may just want to stop reading because I have 29 to go...)
12) Your legendary potato soup and how you make it at the drop of a hat for a bunch of ladies.
13) Your beard. Yes. It has grown on me, though I do like it better when it is more closely shaved and not so Duck Dynasty.
14) Your Noah-like love for animals, but I still am not letting you get a second dog...
15) Your batch of wildflowers you planted me.
16) Your poems that always seem to have the rhythm of a city street.
17) Your love for your neighbors, that was there long before any pastor ever talked about it.
18) Your laugh, that I love to hear and am of the opinion I don't get to hear enough.
19) Your fashion sense and the fact that if it weren't for you our poor daughter would have none thanks to my genes.
20) The way you spring into action when something happens, like when one of the kids gets hurt or you saw that neighbor kid get hit by a car.
21) Your cheeks, and this time I mean the ones on your face, that I am tempted to pat like I do CJ's but I know it would weird you out being so close to your eyes.
22) Your desire to live naturally, eating vegetarian and organic and gardening.
23) Your love for coffee.
24) Your obedience to (and love of) authority, of all kinds, from the church, state and most especially from God.
25) Your love for and service to our children. It truly is amazing.
26) Your hair, it's soft like a baby bird!
27) The questions you ask people, that are soul-splittingly good.
28) Your relentless pursuit of converting me to a beer drinker and the fact that you still find the best wines when you fail at the former.
29) Your sensitive hearing towards God and willingness to go talk to a stranger when you feel prodded to do so.
30) Your ability to build us all, me and the kids, and even your friends, up.
31) Your random facebook posts that make me toss back my head and laugh.
32) The way you let the kids draw all over your back some days.
33) Your ability to encourage artists, writers especially, and your steady pursuit of that exceedingly difficult task.
34) Your 'suck it up and get it done' attitude when one of the kids gets sick in the middle of the night.
35) How you keep the house heated toasty for me despite you loving it in the negative temperatures.
36) Your support of me, and the kids, that is helping us be the best versions of ourselves.
37) Your desire to hear from God and draw close to him.
38) Your love of stories and truth.
39) Your entire person, that I simply can't get enough of and I want to do naughty things to. (Insert apology to related folks here.)
40) That you are most definitely my soul-mate, the one I choose, and perfect for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any random bits of your own?