Thursday, March 20, 2014

for the even if times.

i say it. but do i believe it. even if. 
it is not unbelief that you couldn't totally above and beyond outwow me in any situation. 
but a resigned. no, not resigned, a submitted... 
we know God could do this and so much more but we will remain faithful even if he chooses to do something else.

so. 
what about me?
what if he never chooses to right, at least in my eyes, my friend's life in this life? 
what if the job-redone-story is told later. like in heaven? 
what if my brother's story never gets better? what ifs of what ifs.
i surrender. i submit. i utter the even if.

* From Daniel 3:18 when Shadrach, Meshach and Abednefo tell Nebuchadnezzar that God can save then but even if he does not they will not worship a false god.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any random bits of your own?